Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Gift Guide for Your Nursing Student




pens Amazon $19 for 60 | tote Marley Lilly $38 | book B&N $40 | charger Amazon $20
mug Starbucks $20 | tumbler Etsy $15 | candle Jewel Scent $25 | charm charMED $10

Christmas (and graduation for some!) are right around the corner. If your nursing student is hard to shop for, here are eight fabulous gifts that will surely put them in the holiday spirit.

These syringe pens from Amazon are literally adorable and for only $19, you get 60! There are also syringe highlighters and nursing students can never have enough highlighters.

Marley Lilly is one of my favorite online shopping destinations. A girl can never have enough monograms! My husband bought me one of these for my birthday last month to carry books and other supplies to Dream School. There are a variety of colors and monogram options to suit your student.

I came across this book at Barnes and Nobel last week and instantly became obsessed. Although it's $40, it is worth the price. It gives a history lesson of nursing and includes amazing photos of famous nurses throughout the eras. 

I have the most perfect phone charger that I can throw in my backpack and carry around with me in case of an emergency. The chargers that come with the iPhone get the job done but come on, the cord cannot be any shorter! This phone charger takes batteries so if the power goes out, you're not stuck with a dead phone. It would be great for long nights in the library when you forget your 12" cord charger from home.

Nursing students lack a very important thing for doing well in school: sleep. With papers and care plans and clinicals, coffee becomes a student's best friend. This chevron mug from Starbucks keeps coffee warm and looks cute at the same time. Bonus points if you include a $500 $25 gift card!! 

It's important to stay hydrated and this adorable tumbler from Etsy certainly will do the trick. This particular shop also puts your student's name on the other side which is included in the price.

I got a Jewel Scent candle for my birthday and I LOVE it. My mom got me the calm lavender scent because I work night shift and sometimes have trouble falling asleep during the day. Lavender helps calm the body but also smells wonderful. Every candle comes with a beautiful ring worth up to $7,500 inside the wax (it's wrapped in plastic and foil - no worries!). Obsessed!

I found charMED on Twitter and followed them because they give these things away on the regular. These charms hook onto stethoscopes and are too cute. They have all different colors, styles, and limited edition options for charities. Buy one or five or 10 or whatever! The more bling, the better! :)


None of these suit your nursing student? Your pesky family members asking what you want but are not computer literate enough to send them to Amazon? How about a gift card? Some clinicals are in the next city over, so a gas gift card is a great choice. A gift card to a salon or spa is a dream come true to relieve stress and feel human again. Think about a deluxe pedicure or a relaxing massage for your student. Lastly, all students are POOR. Nursing school ain't cheap, y'all! What I would give for a grocery store gift card or a certificate for my favorite restaurant... Gonna go eat some Ramen and think about the steak I can't afford! Yum!

Happy Holidays :)
-Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment